At the moment, the amount of available data is exploding. This data is available in various systems and platforms, and only a clean consolidation helps provide the right insights.
Manual data merging in Excel is no longer sufficient because it is extremely time-consuming and usually leads to the inconsistent merging of data. As the saying goes: don't believe any statistics that you haven't falsified yourself...
Marketing and Business Intelligence make it so that one can focus only on essential information. Irrelevant information is hidden so that they do not lead to wrong conclusions and costly decisions, such as the waste of advertising budgets.
The relevance of Marketing and Business Intelligence is increasing day by day. Dozens of systems collect data. Here is a small selection:
- CRM Systems (Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics and Co.)
- Analytic Systems (Google Analytics, etc.)
- ERP Systems (SAP and thousands of industry-specific solutions)
- Content Marketing Systems (Hubspot, Eloqua, Pardot & Co.)
- eMail-Marketing Systems (Mailchimp, Emarsys, Vertical Response & Co.)
- Ad Systems (Google Adwords, Facebook Ads & Co.)
- Social Networks such as Xing or LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and so on.
So what is the impact of business and marketing intelligence and does it affect the future of marketing
These arguments speak for the use of Marketing & Business Intelligence: